The service engineer’s responsibilities include providing technical support, monitoring the equipment and machinery and creating preventative maintenance strategies. They will also work to promote the sales of the company’s products and services.
Position Location: Cairo, Egypt
Business Industry: Pumps and Pump Systems
Reporting to: Service Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide a high level technical and commercial support to customers, sales force, distributors, contractors, and end users to ensure proper pump selection and services.
• Handle the customer contacts related to technical problem diagnostic.
• Identify customers’ needs and engineering adaptations of products, equipment, maintenance, and services.
• Monitor and maintain the health and safety standards within the service organization and external suppliers.
• Prepare commercial and technical proposals for pump packages.
• Prepare and follow-up service quotations to secure orders.
• Support customers with their trouble shooting and warranty requirements.
• Work towards building existing and new customer network and establishing key strategic accounts in Egypt.
• Prepare and create the technical and sales offers for clients at market price level according to current service sales policy.
• Liaise with Logistics and Production teams regarding products assembly, modifications, delivery and commissioning.
• Communicate effectively with the service team and ensure the implementation of the strategic decisions with the Service Manager in the market.
• Provide reports and photos of pumps and associated equipment, with the use of a PDA and mobile phone.
• Monitor the after-sales service processes to fulfill the global Group Service Strategy.
• Promote and sell after-sales maintenance service package and spare parts effectively.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
• 2 to 5 years of experience in a similar position.
• Experience in pumps and pump systems field.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personality Attributes:
• Technical knowledge related to the Pumping Industry
• Advanced product and application knowledge
• Knowledge of software packages
• Strong Product knowledge
• Team work and leadership abilities
• Proficiency in MS Office skills
• Strong English communication skills