The Project Engineer will work on scheduling, planning, resourcing, and handling technical activities to ensure faultless installation and execution of equipment on site. The Project Engineer will coordinate between the Teams involved in the project and the Customer to ensure all contractual requirements are met.
Position Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Business Industry: Elevators, Escalators and Moving Walkways.
Reporting to: Project Manager.
Supervising: Operation Teams
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with project staff to ensure the strategic action plan is well set for execution with adequate resources.
• Lead project execution, manpower planning, tools and other resources in a safe and accurate way.
• Accountable for stakeholder’s approvals, meeting their expectations and satisfaction.
• Plan manpower for the project and lead the multifunctional project team and manage performance.
• Responsible for Project Start Up meetings and Supply Line interface.
• Prepare, organize, and retain contract related documents as per company quality requirement.
• Accountable for project cost control and material losses and damages.
• Responsible for the project’s quality, labor and logistics plan.
• Negotiate sub-contractor scope, terms, and rates, instigate purchase orders and certify bills.
• Responsible for site methodology , execution and the project’s financial result.
• Handle the invoices, collection process and system reporting on time and within the budget.
• Responsible for monthly project reviews, project audits, claim analysis, handovers, and final closure.
• Communicate project goals and give feedback on the performance and coaches.
• Responsible for project “hand over” with high quality product.
• Coordinate with other inter and/or departmental resources for infrastructure, transport, tools and other day to day operational requirements.
• Accountable for post-sale negotiations, price adjustments, obtaining approvals, liaising with factories and placement of order.
• Adhere to all safety and compliance rules of the company.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
• Professional certificate in project management, PMP is a plus.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in the elevator industry.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personality Attributes:
• Excellent negotiation and persuading skills.
• Project Management skills.
• Problem solving and conflict management skills.
• Leadership and people management skills.
• Decision making skills.
• Knowledge of project management computer packages, MS Project and Primavera is an added advantage.
|Job Category||Engineering, Project Management|