Procurement Engineers support the purchase of technical goods and services within the Elevator industry. They are knowledgeable about the elevator system and its components. They insure early procurement involvement in technical procurement projects and activities.
Location: Riyadh, KSA
Reporting Channel: Procurement Manager
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Coordinate with different teams and department to define procurement needs.
• Receive, clarify and understand the needs of each and act accordingly.
• Monitor current products in order to minimize overall costs.
• Search for suppliers, request and analyze quotations.
• Manage supplier relations and negotiate contracts, prices, timelines, etc.
• Maintain the supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation.
• Coordinate with inventory control to determine and manage inventory needs.
• Ensure that all purchased items meet the required quality standards and specifications.
• Coordinate with Project Managers and Installation Supervisors for the delivery of the materials
• Provide technical support to procurement projects (design to cost, cost driver analysis).
• Conduct market studies and provide market information and price analyses.
• Research international technology in order to introduce new ones in the system.
• Assess, manage and develop suppliers from the technological and procurement standpoint.
• Coordinate with quality, engineering, logistics, product line management, purchasing, finance.
• Participate in the review process of specifications for equipment, products or substitution of materials.
• Prepare, review and track reporting in relation to management of suppliers.
• Assess suppliers’ performance.
• Handle and resolve issues effectively in a timely manner.
• Adhere to all safety and compliance rules of the company.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in direct materials procurement in the Elevator Industry;
• Cross functional thinking;
• Deep knowledge of inventory, supply chain management and purchasing strategies;
• Strong planning and organizational skills;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and negotiation skills;
• Ability to work independently;
• Good computer literacy, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint), knowledge in ERP systems is a plus;
• Identifying cost reduction opportunities;
• Fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
|Job Category||Engineering, Purchasing and Procurement|