The Procurement Assistant will conduct research on potential vendors and suppliers, inspect goods, negotiate pricing and transport costs, and update records accordingly.
Job Location: El Metn, Lebanon
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm; Saturday 8am-1pm
Reporting to: Supply Chain Manager & CEO
Supervising: 2 team members
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Coordinate with internal staff to monitor and determine procurement needs and requirements;
• Ensure ethical purchasing standards and apply internal procurement policies and procedures;
• Initiate orders while coordinating with the supplier and the Supply Chain Manager;
• Follow up regularly on local/foreign purchased orders, and monitor delivery times and deadlines;
• Maintain strong relationship with suppliers, negotiate contracts and prices, in addition to following up with them for order confirmations;
• Prepare cost analysis and budget reports on regular basis;
• Liaise with warehouse team members to ensure the arrival of products in good condition.
Qualifications & skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or any relevant field;
• 2-3 years of experience in procurement and purchasing roles;
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills;
• Highly detail-oriented and a good level of numeracy skills;
• Proven experience in working with suppliers and coordinating with multiple internal parties;
• Strong follow-up skills.
|Job Category||Purchasing and Procurement|