The Head of Logistics will supervise the movement, distribution, and storage of supplies and materials. S/he will plan routes, analyze budgets, and process shipments. S/he will be responsible for all supply chain management duties including selecting carriers, researching shipping methods, assessing budgets, and organizing storage.
Position Location: Keserwan, Lebanon
Business Industry: Lighting
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Select carriers and negotiate contracts and rates.
• Plan and monitor inbound and outgoing deliveries.
• Supervise logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer services.
• Organize warehouse, label goods, plot routes, and process shipments.
• Respond to any issues or complaints.
• Research ideal shipping techniques, routing, and carriers.
• Work with other departments to incorporate logistics with company procedures and operations.
• Evaluate budgets and expenditures.
• Update and evaluate metrics to assess performance and implement enhancements.
• Ensure all operations adhere to laws, guidelines, and ISO requirements.
Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, logistics, supply chain, or relevant field.
• A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role.
• Certification in logistics and supply chain.
• Experience in the Lighting Industry is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Solid understanding of logistics and inventory management software.
• Outstanding analytical, problem-solving, and organizational abilities.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development.
• Highly skilled communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally.
• Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills.
• Excellent planning skills with the ability to handle multiple projects.
• Project management skills.
• Commercial and financial acumen with a full understanding of the impact of failure in terms of business cost, production schedules and customer order fulfilment.
• Excellent attention to details.
|Job Category||Logistics, Supply Chain|