Database Developers are responsible for the design, implementation, performance, integrity and security of databases. They are also involved in the planning, developing and troubleshooting of databases.
Position Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understand the job requirements, architecture decisions and assess the feasibility.
• Gather Data before development of a database.
• Design, develop, test, implement and maintain new and existing databases.
• Work with the development team to test, plan, implement and protect the databases.
• Install, configure, operate, and manage the solution’s databases.
• Tune, implement and update highly available databases that provide support for the back end servers and frameworks.
• Perform backups on production databases, troubleshoot performance issues related to implementation, run the disaster recovery procedures and reporting.
• Work with different team members and provide guidance and support for the development team.
• Create management methods and systems to access securely and efficiently to information stored in databases.
• Optimize code, queries and schemas.
• Provide time estimates on implementing new procedures and functions.
• Maintain security controls and enhance data safety.
• Perform regular backups and runs disaster recovery procedures.
• Monitor, Troubleshoot and Fix issues related to the databases.
• Collaborate with development teams and provide support for back-end developers.
• Write scripts to maintain performance and optimize databases access.
• Apply changes continuously leveraging test-driven techniques in development.
• Deploy secure and high availability configurations in cloud environment.
Required Skills, Abilities and Personality Attributes:
• Extensive knowledge in complex SQL statements.
• Proficient in relational databases design and implementation.
• Experience in PostgreSql is a must.
• Experience in database management tools.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while achieving benchmarks.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a similar field
• A minimum of 2 years of experience
• Relevant experience with index strategies, performance tuning and optimization, functions and stored procedures
|Job Category||Information Technology|