The Chief Accountant is responsible for overseeing and supervising all accounting functions such as ledger accounts, financial statements and cost control systems to ensure all tasks are completed and recorded properly and on time.
Position Location: Keserwan, Lebanon
Reporting to: CFO and Shareholders
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage and oversee the entire accounting team.
• Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations.
• Ensure timely closing of accounts.
• Perform project cost forecasts/budgets, cost tracking, monitoring and controls.
• Responsible for timely monthly consolidated financial statements, payments, cash-flow management reporting.
• Review & approve payment vouchers & journal entries.
• Work closely with the operations and project teams in analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis.
• Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and policies.
• Coordinate with internal and external auditors.
• Maintain highly organized and updated client files.
• Follow up and collection of outstanding client payments.
• Handle tax, income, NSSF and other declarations.
• Administer and control employees payroll.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other relevant field.
• CPA, CMA or relevant certification is a plus.
• Minimum 7 years of experience as a Chief Accountant.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personality Attributes:
• Excellent strategic planning skills with ability to interact with all levels in the organization.
• Extensive corporate and personal tax experience.
• Computer skills, including Microsoft Office and databases.
• High proficiency in Accounting and Finance ERP Systems.
• Thorough attention to details.
• Exceptional organizational skills and aptitude for numbers.
• Strong communication skills (Fluency in English is a must; French is a plus).
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Able to thrive in deadline-driven environment.
|Job Category||Accounting, Finance|