This Position is open for Egyptian Nationals currently located in Cairo, Egypt.
The Accountant will analyze information, maintain complete and accurate records, handle routine accounting duties, and provide prompt, courteous responses to inquiries from the management, clients and vendors.
Position Location: Cairo, Egypt
Reporting to: Accounting and Finance Manager
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information is accurate and available when needed.
- Review daily accounting documentation.
- Liaise with other departments/banks/customers/vendors.
- Update accounts receivable and assist with accurate invoice issuance.
- Review suppliers’ invoices and be sure that 3-way matching method is applied.
- Prepare & ensure accuracy of all payments made to suppliers.
- Preparation of different periodic tax reporting/payments.
- Analyze discrepancies and unpaid invoices.
- Prepare and coordinate deposit activities.
- Review office petty cash & employee expenses.
- Assist in monthly & annual financial closing.
- Provide financial statements and ensure all reporting deadlines are met, both internal and Group.
- Provide annual accounts for certification and tax statements and communicate to the auditors.
- Ensure reliable and appropriate accounting processes and standards regarding to local/international legal requirements.
- Ensure efficient use of all financial systems and tools.
- Ensure that payments of statutory liabilities are made within prescribed time limits.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Recognized professional accounting qualification is a plus
- Knowledge of tax laws
- 2-3 years experience in accounting & controlling
- Excellent accounting & general math skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Arabic
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- Solid knowledge of IT administration tools
- Knowledge of SAP/ Navision, Office 365