The field service engineer will be based in Beirut with frequent travel worldwide, for up to 4 weeks at a time.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform site survey, installation and maintenance of VSAT earth stations
• Remotely manage local contractors in the field and provide technical support to ensure mission success and customer satisfaction.
• Troubleshoot and resolve degraded or down VSAT links.
• Provide written professional reports describing mission’s details and site conditions.
• Perform on-site technical duties in line with the scope of work of the customer.
• Selected applicants may be subject to security investigation to meet clearance requirements of some customers.
• Minimum knowledge of satellite and digital communication, wave propagation and
• Attend several training sessions based on company’s needs, to improve his technical capabilities and productivity in the field.
Applicants should understand that, based on the nature of the satellite communication
business, on site missions take place most of the time in remote areas and harsh
environments where terrestrial infrastructure barely exists or is totally unreliable.
Main Qualifications & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree of Telecommunication Engineering from a reputable university.
• Excellent command of Arabic, English and French
• Physically fit and able to lift objects up to 20 Kg.
• Handy and comfortable with using general hand tools and test equipment.
• Excellent Microsoft office skills.
• Excellent team player.
• Willingness to travel to remote areas and harsh locations worldwide.
• Ability to quickly adapt to new environments.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and supervise other staff on site.
• Understand health, safety and environment in the field.
• Basic networking & IP skills.
• Previous field experience is a plus
• Dual nationality is a plus.
• CCNA certification is a plus.