The Chief Accountant is responsible for overseeing all accounting functions such as ledger accounts, financial statements and cost control systems.
Position Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage and oversee the entire accounting team
• Handle full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role eg. Accounts Receivables/Payables, General Ledger, Forecasting, Budgeting etc.
• Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations
• Perform full set of accounts and ensure timely closing of accounts.
• Perform project cost forecasts/budgets, cost tracking, monitoring and controls.
• Responsible for timely monthly consolidated financial statements, payments, cash-flow management reporting.
• Review & approve payment vouchers & journal entries.
• Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting and working closely with the operations and project teams in analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis.
• Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and policies.
• Coordinate with internal and external auditors
• Uphold the excellent reputation of our firm.
• Maintain highly organized and updated client files.
• Handle follow up and collection of outstanding client payments.
• Handle tax,income, NSSF and other declarations
• Administer and control employees payroll
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree of Accounting, Finance or relevant field
• CPA, CMA or relevant certification is a plus
• Minimum 7 years of experience as Chief Accountant
• Excellent strategic planning skills and able to interact with all levels
• Extensive corporate and personal tax experience
• Computer skills, including Microsoft Office and databases
• Consistent, accurate, and thorough with an eye for details
• Exceptional organizational skills and aptitude for numbers
• Strong communication skills, fluency in Arabic and English is a must; French is a plus
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Able to thrive in deadline-driven environment
|Job Category||Accounting, Finance|